Monday, 9 August 2010

all the fun of the fair and a few other images

I went to the Riverside Festival in Nottingham yesterday, and was pleased to meet the lovely Toniann from Knotjustjigs - lovely to actually meet someone in the flesh that I have got to know online!

One of the reasons for going to the festival is that I wanted to capture some iconic fairground images.  It was harder than I thought, there's always so much plastic junk getting in the way of the composition I wanted to make, or someone stands in front of you... but I got four that I was very happy with and they are now up on  the site in their own gallery (All the fun of the Fair).  Here's a sneaky peak - I think the through the viewfinder overlays take them back a few decades.


I was particularly taken with this Edwardian fairground organ with a couple of painted wooden ladies tinging their bells in time... very French looking, so probably Parisian.


Who could resist the homogenity of these quacky hook-a-ducks?


And finally, how about a punt on the Kentucky Derby?



I've also added a couple of shots of hogweed at different stages: one in my garden, the other just outside a walled Lincolnshire orchard.



I am always staggered by the beauty of mother nature :-) x

Remember, the 30% offer ends this Friday, so get your order in soon!  Orders placed between 13-22 August will be posted out the week commencing 23 August, so if you are in a hurry, get em in now!

Katie x

2 comments:

  1. Hello Katie, I really like the figure holding the bell - yes quite French looking.... also the hogweed shots are beautiful

    ReplyDelete